EarthShare Texas seeks Board Member
EarthShare Texas Mission: Through collaborative fundraising and partnership building, EarthShare Texas empowers mission-driven members to pursue positive environmental and health impacts across the Lone Star State for the benefit of all.
Earth Share Texas seeks board members who commit to fulfill the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the Board as a Whole
As EarthShare Texas’ leadership body, the Board is responsible for:
- Support and oversee the evolution of EarthShare Texas’ mission and purpose
- Select and evaluate the executive director
- Engage in strategic and organizational planning
- Participate in implementing the strategic plan
- Ensure rigorous fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraise to ensure financial sustainability
- Assessing its own performance as a governing body.
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members
Each individual board member is expected to:
- Know EarthShare Texas’ mission, policies, procedures and programs
- Read and be accountable to EarthShare Texas’ financial statements
- Serve as an active advocate and ambassador for EarthShare Texas and invest time and resources to advance its mission
- Make a personal financial contribution at least annually
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in board and participating organization meetings
- Sign an annual conflict of information statement, and reveal if a conflict develops
- Participate fully in one or more committees
Time Commitment: Approximately 5-10 hours per month – quarterly board meetings and committee meetings; 2 annual member meetings; occasional events and activities.
Expected board term: 2 years, starting January 2024
To learn more about EarthShare Texas please visit our site: https://earthshare-texas.org/
To apply or inquire more, please reach out to email@example.com with a statement of interest. Accepting inquiries and applications until November 27, 2023.