Join our team
Thank you for your interest in working with the Citizens’ Environmental Coalition! The CEC relies on a small staff, Board of Directors and committee members, volunteers, interns, and work study students to accomplish our mission.
Our opportunities are as follows:
CEC is not currently hiring any staff positions.
Board of Directors, Committee Members
The CEC is currently recruiting volunteers to serve on our Board of Directors and on board committees (programs, communications, membership, finance, development, and governance). If you are interested and would like more information about these meetings and the board application process, please contact us with a link to your LinkedIn profile or resume.
Volunteer, Internships, and Work Study
Many of our interns volunteer to help with projects, gain experience, and develop professional competencies. We are happy to work with students to accommodate requirements for academic credit. Please contact us for more information or for questions regarding open positions. We are currently hiring one volunteer intern position:
Digital Design and Social Media Intern
- Creation of flyers and graphics for upcoming events
- Posting of weekly member spotlights and event related graphics
- Creation of social media plan
- Checking and responding to social media messaging
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational, writing, and proofreading skills
- Strong research, oral, and written communication skills
- Computer and internet skills, preferably including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva; social media and web publishing apps such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and WordPress
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor in person, by email, and phone
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of internal and external individuals, including CEC staff, board members, representatives of member organizations, and potential donors
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license preferred