EarthShare of Texas (ESTX) is a nonprofit organization that provides a powerful way for Texans to support conservation and healthy communities.
EarthShare of Texas conserves natural resources and builds a
healthy and sustainable environment by leveraging financial contributions to
our member organizations, employers, and the community. We support more
than 40 of the most respected conservation and environmental organizations in Texas. From air quality to wildlife rehabilitation to the development of green building technology, our members work to protect our environment. EarthShare of Texas raises and distributes funds to environmental charities that qualify for membership.
EarthShare of Texas is currently seeking a dynamic Executive Director to lead our efforts in Texas.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall management, fundraising and marketing of the organization, including but not limited to:
- External Communications: Represent ESTX in a variety of forums, venues, and meetings with business, community, or conservation allies.
- Staff Management: Manage staff and contractors to optimize their effectiveness and professional development.
- Fundraising: Sustain existing funding for ESTX, and work to cultivate and secure support from new funders. Oversee workplace fundraising efforts for member groups, including major donor cultivation, corporate matching gifts and cause marketing campaigns.
- Financial Management: In collaboration with the Board of Directors, ensure effective and sound accounting of organizational funds.
The Executive Director of EarthShare of Texas will be a knowledgeable, collaborative, and action-oriented person with a compelling presence and exceptional relationship-building skills. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in fundraising, networking, and management within the non-profit community.
While no one candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, the successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- A committed environmentalist, personally passionate about the issues ESTX member groups address.
- Strategic leader, with a minimum of three (3) years of management experience within a non-profit organization.
- Significant knowledge of environmental and/or workplace-giving non-profits is desirable, with knowledge and experience in the Texas business community and corporate decision-making.
- Demonstrated/evidence-based success in fundraising and/or business development.
- Persuasive written and oral skills are essential, as is the ability to plan, execute, and follow up on comprehensive, goal-oriented programs and campaigns based on ESTX mission.
- Willingness to travel within the state as needed to meet the organizations goals.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree in a relevant field preferred (education does not take the place of robust/relevant work experience).
To express your interest in this role, please submit a thorough resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential. EarthShare of Texas is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000 – $72,000/year, commensurate with experience.