ISANI seeks Environmental Planner
At ISANI, you’ll?work for a company that strives to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow and?thrive.
The ideal candidate for this position will apply their knowledge of the NEPA, planning, state, and federal regulatory processes to contribute to our Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) projects, as well as various local government projects. The candidate will support a team to prepare and coordinate the preparation of all levels of NEPA and TxDOT planning documents and technical studies and provide quality assurance/quality control of NEPA and planning documents prepared by in-house staff or outside consultants. The candidate also will coordinate with resource and environmental permitting agencies, local stakeholders, and members of the public. Additional skills desired involve familiarity with TxDOT Environmental Toolkit, strong task management skills, effective communication skills, and ability to work successfully in both collaborative and self-directed settings. The exceptional candidate will have experience with traffic noise modelling.
- Support National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) projects, including CE, EA and EIS projects.
- Support Senior Staff to prepare NEPA Documents, technical reports, planning studies, corridor studies, and subarea planning studies for multimodal transportation projects (transit, highway, rail, airports, etc.) for variety of clients including municipalities, counties, MPOs, transit agencies, and DOTs.
- Support the preparation and development of pre-NEPA, feasibility and supporting studies for environmental planning projects.
- The candidate also will coordinate with resource and environmental permitting agencies, local stakeholders, and members of the public.
- Lead tasks related to data collection, research, documentation, and technical analyses.
- Prepare materials for public outreach and stakeholder involvement related to planning and environmental studies.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, Urban Planning, Geography, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience.).
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience in environmental planning.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of NEPA, including coordination of supporting technical studies.
- Aptitude for maintaining a professional attitude and attention to detail while working alone, within a team environment, and/or on multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Excellent technical writing, computer, and verbal communication skills with clients and colleagues.
- Strong organizational, task and time management, deductive reasoning, and analytical skills
- Experience working on Environmental Assessments, Section 404, Section 106, Section 4(f), Planning and Environmental Linkage, etc.
- Ability to visit project sites if necessary.
Ideally,?You’ll Also Have:?
- Experience with state or local environmental requirements.
- Experience supporting public involvement, agency coordination and interfacing with stakeholders and professionals.
- Experience with traffic noise modelling.
- Experience preparing Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements.
- Specialized area of experience, such as wetland delineation and permitting, visual impact assessments, Environmental Justice analysis, public engagement, or other areas.
- Expertise with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for data analysis and map generation related to planning studies.
- Ability to read technical design drawings.
- Understanding of project development processes and how environmental and planning activities fit within project delivery.
Salary: $58,000 – 80,000 Annually
Application Deadline: Nov. 30, 2023
How To Apply:
To apply for this poistion please submit your resume and cover letter to Angela McMurray at firstname.lastname@example.org