Houston Parks Board seeks Maintenance Technician
Houston Parks Board (HPB) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, whose mission is to create, improve, protect, and advocate for parkland in the Greater Houston region. Since its inception in 1976, the organization has raised and leveraged millions of dollars and improved Houstonâ€™s park system through parkland acquisitions and capital improvements.
In 2012, HPB embarked upon the largest city-wide project in its then 36-year history, Bayou Greenways. Bayou Greenways is a $220 million capital project to complete continuous parks and trails along Houstonâ€™s major bayous. The initiative is altering Houstonâ€™s urban fabric like no other initiative in recent history, and it is one of the most visionary and significant park/urban design projects in the nation. For more information about Houston Parks Board and its high-impact work in the community, please visit houstonparksboard.org.
This position will be involved in the projects and daily tasks of Asset Management, the responsibilities may include:
- Manage/oversee small construction and maintenance projects (such as installation of concrete pads, fencing, power washing, landscaping, etc.), including regular communication with contractors and vendors
- Maintain/repair various types of park assets (such as benches, waste receptacles, etc.)
- Inventory park assets (signs, site furniture, etc.)
- Install and monitor trail counters
- Work collaboratively with HPB staff
- Demonstrate ownership of assigned work by upholding maintenance standards to the highest degree
- Interact with trail users in a courteous and professional manner
- Communicate issues regarding infrastructure, furnishings, safety hazards, quality of the trail user experience issues as needed
- Perform regular trail amenity inspections
- Required Abilities
- Perform physical labor (such as standing, crouching, climbing ladders) daily in all weather conditions
- Lift 100 lbs. repeatedly throughout a given workday
- Operate hand and power tools
- Work effectively and independently in the field with minimal guidance, and as part of a team
- Prioritize work functions and meet deadlines
- Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Six-months to one year of experience with small scale construction projects and maintenance equipment/tasks
- Ability to read maps/architectural drawings
A valid driverâ€™s license (class C) is mandatory as this position requires operating a company-owned vehicle.
This is a salaried, exempt position, salary commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits include full medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, short-and long-term disability, group term life insurance, and 403b retirement plan.
To apply for this position, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with â€œMaintenance Technicianâ€ in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is June 16, 2023.
Interviews are by appointment only. No telephone calls, please.