Armand Bayou Nature Center seeks Coordinator of Volunteer Services
ABNC is hiring a Coordinator of Volunteer Services. This is a full-time paid staff position which provides professional staff support to the Armand Bayou Nature Center (ABNC) volunteers and employees, and coordinates the recruitment, training, and scheduling of volunteers to meet operational needs and strengthen the programs of the nature center. Volunteers are essential to the sustainability of the nature center, traditionally performing half of all required personnel related functions in the Education, Stewardship and Visitor/Member Services departments, and supporting fundraising and administration activities. The Volunteer Coordinator will also spearhead several diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts for the nature center; therefore, candidates from historically underrepresented backgrounds and bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply. This position reports to the Executive Director. The position is located in shared workspace and is subject to an unstructured working environment with numerous interruptions throughout the day. As a member of the ABNC leadership team, the Volunteer coordinator is expected to establish and maintain a high level of collaboration with all team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall coordination of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Assure accurate and timely volunteer statistical records and activity reports
- Recruit, train, and place applicants for volunteer work
- Serve as Advisor to the ABNC Volunteer Organization
- Coordinate annual fall festival (run by volunteers) and other volunteer special events
- Spearhead diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts for the nature center, for example, Indigenous People’s Day, Latino Conservation Week, and others.
General Skills and Qualifications:
- Two years of experience in HR or volunteer coordination position.
- Commitment to the ABNC mission, and familiarity with ABNC programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with database tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects and responsibilities.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, and adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job.
- Available to attend occasional evening and weekend events and meetings.
Please email cover letter and resume to Executive Director Tim Pylate at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.