2017 Greater Houston Environmental Summit and Environmental Education Expo
Annually, CEC hosts a networking and learning event for the extraordinary people who work at or are interested in the work of environmental organizations in the greater Houston region.
In 2017, CEC will be hosting the Greater Houston Environmental Summit on Friday, August 4, 2017, from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm at the Community Resource Center at the United Way of Greater Houston.
In addition to excellent keynote presentations and panels, we will again offer small-format table talks.
- Vince Ryan, Harris County AttorneyÂ
- TinaÂ Paez, Director of Administration and Regulatory Affairs, City of Houston, on behalf of Mayor Turner
- The Hot Topic of Climate Change: an opening panel in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Earthshare of Texas
- Elizabeth Love, Senior Program Officer at Houston Endowment
Table Talk facilitators:
- Kathleen Ownby of SPARK School Park Program and Marlon Connley of Trust for Public Land, on park equity
- Karly Robinson, True to Texas Coalition, onÂ alternative funding for wildlife conservation
- Erin Kinney, HARC, on the health of Galveston Bay
- Gavin Dillingham and Marina Badoian-Kriticos, HARC, onÂ climate resilience
- Clair Gottsegen, CEC, on endangered species in the Houston region
- Jim Olive, photographer, on theÂ Environmental Photographers Mentoring Program
- Donelle Williams, Houston ISD Elementary Curriculum and Development Office
You can learn more about past events by viewing programs and announcements:
- 2016 Greater Houston Environmental Summit Program (PDF), announcement
- 2015 Greater Houston Environmental Summit Program (PDF), announcement
- 2014 Greater Houston Environmental Summit Program (PDF)
- 2013 Visions for a Greener Houston Conference Program (PDF)
- 2012 Visions for a Greener Houston brief recap andÂ follow-up report