Texas Campaign for the Environment (TCE) and its sister organization, Texas Campaign for the Environment Fund (TCE Fund) are seeking an experienced, strategically-minded activist to join our team as a full-time Communications Director, a newly created position based in Austin. Candidates must possess demonstrated experience in both earned and social media strategies to grow support for issue campaigns. TCE Fund will be filing a petition with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to revise its rules on evaluating toxic waste sites. The Communications Director will be working to recruit allies for this initiative and working to generate support for and draw public attention to this effort. For full job description and application instructions, visit texasenvironment.org.
Texas Campaign for the Environment is in need of passionate new voices to develop lobbying strength on environmental issues in Houston. TCE is the largest environmental nonprofit in Texas, and the only one with a state-wide presence.
The Organizer will be held to high expectations of performance with weekly and monthly goals for various organizing activities, including:
- Grassroots neighborhood canvassing
- Membership recruitment, fundraising and letter-writing campaigns
- Community outreach and coalition-building
- Identifying voters and volunteers
- Planning and participating in demonstrations and political actions
- Testifying at public hearings and events
For full time employees after 90-days.
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- Paid vacation, paid sick days and paid holidays
- Rapid advancement and management training
- Opportunities for travel throughout Texas and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
- Two weeks paid vacation per year, paid holidays and sick days.
- Full-time: Monday through Friday, 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Part-time positions available (minimum 3 weekdays; hours are still 2 p.m.-10 p.m.)
Pay is 425$ per week.
For more information and to apply, visit texasenvironment.org.
Texas Campaign for the Environment is seeking an experienced, strategically-minded activist for the Houston Program Director position with TCE and TCE Fund, the state’s leading canvass-based environmental advocacy group. TCE’s mission is to empower Texans to fight pollution through sustained grassroots organizing campaigns that shift environmental policies. TCE has been a lead organization promoting Zero Waste and its connection to climate justice, policies to improve the clean-up of toxic sites, fighting pollution from the petrochemical sector and other environmental policies through issue campaigns in Houston and statewide. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for two references via email to [email protected] by June 10, 2019.