The Bayou Preservation Association is seeking a Project Coordinator, a dynamic, hands-on position responsible for supporting all aspects of BPA programs. Essential job functions include assisting in the oversight and management of grants, contractors, and reporting as they relate to ongoing and new projects in our four main program areas: bayou citizen science; stream corridor restoration; bayou appreciation; and trash free bayous; and quality assurance for data projects. The position is expected to be closed by Feb.17, 2020. For the full job description and application instructions, visit bayoupreservation.org.
The Bayou Preservation Association is seeking a Project Coordinator, a dynamic, hands-on position responsible for supporting all aspects of Bayou Preservation Association programs. Essential job functions include oversight and management of grants, contractors, and reporting as they relate to ongoing and new projects in our four main program areas: bayou citizen science; stream corridor restoration; bayou appreciation; and trash free bayous; and quality assurance for data projects. For the full job description and application instructions, visit bayoupreservation.org.
The Bayou Preservation Association is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator. This position will serve a critical role in supporting the administration and volunteer and community engagement aspects of the BPA’s programs moving into the second 50 years of the organization’s mission to celebrate, protect and restore the natural richness of our region’s bayous for generations to come.
The community engagement coordinator is dynamic, hands-on position responsible for supporting all aspects of Bayou Preservation Association programs and mission as they connect to board members, volunteers, stakeholders and members. Essential job functions include development and maintenance of volunteer education, engagement and tracking system and administrative work supporting all aspects of fundraising, development, board and volunteer recruitment, engagement, and rewards, and membership services and tracking. The position is approximately fifty percent administrative, fifty percent community engagement.
• Provide logistics and support for all Board of Directors meetings and relevant committees.
• Donor and volunteer acknowledgement.
• Maintain volunteer, donor, and membership databases using both online and desktop database software.
• Record, track, and complete deposits of all donations, grants, sponsorships, in-kind services and memberships.
• Provide administrative support to the President & CEO.
• Support Bayou Preservation Association Development/Fundraising functions as requested, including working with contractors and committees.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Develop, lead, and support programs for volunteers and members, including but not limited to paddling and hiking tours, trash clean ups, or exhibiting at community events and meetings.
• Identify and coordinate program volunteer activities.
• Lead volunteer/stakeholder/membership education training programs.
• Coordinate with partner organizations on our ongoing volunteer initiatives, including Trash Bash and Texas Stream Team.
• Support annual events (eg. Symposium, gala, luncheon, outreach events) by recruiting, scheduling and thanking volunteers, in coordination with board members, committee members, and other staff and contractors.
• Write monthly newsletter article(s) highlighting volunteer and outreach activities.
• Write and post website and social media content.
• Establish a program to increase membership and representation of the region’s demographics.
• Identify opportunities for grant funding for program activities, and support Bayou Preservation Association Development/Fundraising functions as requested.
• Track community engagement budget; support annual development of budget.
• Flexibility to work evening, weekends and holidays as requested. Work week may vary depending on community and volunteer events.
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred. Environmental or biological sciences background a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to research and compose professional documents, develop lay-person and media-appropriate content, and to speak in public; Spanish language skills a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; demonstration of ability to use mail merge, create labels.
• Experience in volunteer recruitment and engagement operations preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and manage productive relationships with partners, decision-makers, stakeholder groups, consultants, and staff.
• Demonstrated success in working in a team-oriented environment as well as ability to work independently, once trained.
• Ability to travel to meetings, presentations, and event locations (locally and regionally) in personal vehicle (mileage reimbursable).
• Ability to obtain and maintain Texas Driver’s license, American Canoe Association paddling licensing, First Aid and CPR certifications as required.
• Passion for waterways and love of nature.
• Experience with environmental education, outreach a plus.
• Detail oriented individual must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects and keep accurate records.
• Positive attitude and fosters congenial work relationships.
• Willingness to work on weekends, evenings or outdoors for events, workshops, trainings, exhibits, and meetings.
• Ability to lift 30 – 40 pounds.
Benefits: Health insurance stipend and retirement savings match available.
Classification: Full time, exempt.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by June 15, 2019. Please reference position title in subject line of email. We will contact those candidates who most closely match our requirements.