Air Alliance Houston is seeking a Contract Webmaster who will take responsibility for overseeing and answering questions about all technical aspects of its new website and help further enhance it. The Contract Webmaster should have good communication skills, be able to adapt to changing workloads and be available to manage short-term requests. For the full job description and application instructions, visit airalliancehouston.org.
Air Alliance Houston, which works works to research air quality challenges, educate residents about the impact of air quality on public health, and advocate for solutions to support healthy communities, is seeking a Communications Coordinator. Among other duties, the Communications Coordinator will assist with the development and implementation of a communications plan and support AAH’s work as a partner in the One Breath Partnership to engage community ambassadors. For more information, including full duties, qualifications, and application instructions, visit airalliancehouston.org.
Air Alliance Houston is hiring a part-time (20 hours per/week) Transportation Advocate to begin expansion of AAH’s advocacy on non-Port of Houston-related transportation advocacy. We are looking for an advocate who will be responsible for:
• advocating for greater integration of health considerations into our regional transportation planning decisions (e.g. build support for health impact assessments for projects such as the proposed I-45 expansion.)
• submitting public comments regarding air quality concerns in response to draft environmental impact statements
• attending regional transportation planning meetings to raise awareness about the air quality and public health implications of proposed projects
• assisting with the development of state legislative policy priorities for transportation and work with elected officials to draft supportive legislation
• assisting with development of campaigns, including performing background research and developing policy solutions
• building relationships with other organizations and community groups to develop strategies, leverage resources, and build a broad base of support for our campaigns
• identifying additional sources of funding to continue AAH transportation advocacy efforts beyond the one year period (e.g. grant writing, fundraising)
For more information, including position summary and responsibilities, qualifications, and application instructions, visit airalliancehouston.org.