The Environmental Resource Guide is a searchable, web-based resource that includes information about all organizations in the Greater Houston Area conducting environmental work. This guide is a one-stop-shop for any resources or connections you may need, and is updated often to ensure you have access to the newest information.
Scroll through the guide, view a list of all organizations, or view all categories of organizations below. At the very bottom of the page is an archive containing older versions of the printed guide available for download.
If you have any questions, would like to make edits to a current listing, or would like to add or remove an organizations, please reach out to us.
Purpose: To inspire a new generation of leaders to design a sustainable future for all. EcoRise develops standards aligned, K–12 school-based curricula that focus on sustainability, environmental literacy, design innovation, and social entrepreneurship. The curriculum empowers youth to tackle real-world challenges in their schools and communities. EcoRise also provides extensive teacher training and support with the curriculum and offers a Student Innovation Fund for student-driven grant projects.
Curricula & Programs:
- Learn about EcoRise’s growing collection of award-winning, standards-aligned sustainability, green building, and design innovation curricula here.
- Sustainable Intelligence Program: PreK–12 teachers receive access to multiple EcoRise curricula including our flagship Sustainable Intelligence, professional development, and student-driven classroom grants.
- Green Building Academy: High school CTE teachers receive access to EcoRise’s Green Building Lessons for a Sustainable Future curriculum, educators workshops and mentorship, and opportunities for students to connect to green building and field experiences.
- Project-Based Learning Academy: This district-wide program provides a suite of training and support programs that shift the traditional paradigms of academic instruction using the PBL pedagogy.
- Teacher Ambassador Program: EcoRise teachers have the opportunity to join a network of sustainability education leaders as a Teacher Ambassador or Education Fellow and help support and further the green schools movement.
Major Events: Students who receive a grant award for an Eco-Audit project are typically invited to participate in a Regional Student Innovation Showcase which has been expanded to include virtual showcases in 2020. These showcases are hosted each spring across the country to celebrate the next generation of innovators giving them a platform to present their green campus innovations.
Publications: EcoRise Monthly Newsletter