• 713-524-4CEC (4232)
  • info@cechouston.org

CEC welcomes Jacqueline Reyes as a Professional Writing Intern

Jacqueline Reyes is in her last semester at the University of Houston-Downtown and will be graduating May 2018 with a Bachelor of Science in Technical Communications with minors in Communications Studies and English. Jacqueline stays busy with her full-time job in the medical technology sector while attending school. She has paid her way through school by the grace of scholarships and working as technical writer for the past 3 years.

Jacqueline’s passion is writing. She started writing for her high-school newspaper and has not stopped since then. She was editor at UHD’s newspaper, has written for other publications and blogs, and also freelances. She has experience in an array of writing styles, but her favorite is feature writing.

She is an inquisitive and analytical thinker by instinct. She has a deep interest in the natural sciences, medical and health research, enjoys debating and challenges. Jacqueline is considering pursuing a natural science graduate degree or attending law school in the near future. She enjoys jogging outdoors, camping, reading, writing, visiting museums, and indulging in Houston’s diverse food scene.

At CEC, she is hoping to assist with communication and writing tasks, and learn more about issues and solutions and best practices in the environment. She can be reached at Jacqueline.Reyes@cechouston.org.