Witt O’Brien’s seeks Compliance Services Regulatory Specialist
Witt O’Brien’s Compliance Services provides regulatory and compliance support to companies nationally.
A Compliance Services Regulatory Specialist is responsible for supporting Witt Oâ€™Brienâ€™s clients nationally with environmental and emergency management regulatory programs. Position requires traveling 40% – 50% of the time domestically, home on the weekends. A successful candidate will be able to write at a professional level and be able to train client personnel in a classroom setting. Position requires juggling multiple projects at a time, so time management and project management capabilities are important to successfully navigate this role. Lastly, this position for the most part is self-directed, with support from management and support staff, so being able to work independently is an important aspect of this role.
- Reports to: Manager, Compliance Services
- Position Location: Texas, Work-from-Home/Remote
- Position Type: Full-Time
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Pay: Salary
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Travel: 40% – 50% Domestically, Rare Occasions Internationally
Essential Job Functions
- Create, develop and maintain relationships with assigned clients
- Demonstrate trustworthiness, reliability, and quality of work to clients to generate further business; cross-market WOBâ€™s service offerings
- Interpret complex regulatory language into easy to understand terms
- Develop from scratch new regulatory compliance manuals/plans
- Collaborate with multiple support and management team members to identify and resolve regulatory compliance issues
- Act as a company Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager when providing staff augmentation for Witt Oâ€™Brienâ€™s clients â€“ temporary in-plant positions
- Prepare project documentation, business presentations, and proposals to meet office standards and client expectations
- Update and maintain various regulatory compliance plans
- Interpret state and federal agency regulations and apply regulatory knowledge to assist clients
- Perform fieldwork as needed
- Visually inspect client sites to ensure compliance, and advise on achieving compliance, if necessary
- Act as a liaison between clients and regulatory agencies
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- 5 â€“ 10 years of experience with one or more of the following regulatory documents: SPCC Plans, FRPs (USCG/EPA), OSRPs (BSEE/PHMSA)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to successfully interact with clients
- Ability to multi-task, manage shifting priorities, meet deadlines, and travel on short notice
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to market to new prospects
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental regulations as they relate to the energy or manufacturing industries and recent experience in preparing or auditing plans and/or permits that are pertinent to such requirements.
- These regulations include but are not limited to: Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Oil Pollution Act of 1990, and Resources Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Demonstrated knowledge of common industry practices, e.g., API 653/570, standard operating procedures, such as for handling dry cargo, liquid cargo, and hazardous material, as well as security and prevention measures
- Demonstrated knowledge of practices used to address clientsâ€™ unexpected emergencies, such as the National Incident Management System (NIMS), Incident Command System (ICS), crisis management, business continuity, and emergency response
Preferred Job Requirements
Strong technical writing abilities with a sound understanding of 40 CFR 112, 33 CFR 154/156, and 49 CFR 194. The ideal candidate will have five or more years of actual plan writing experience along with experience providing technical consultation concerning the aforementioned regulations.
Job Description Disclaimer
This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It recognizes that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs.
Commitment to Diversity
- Witt O’Brien’s is always looking for the most qualified and experienced professionals with a passion for public safety, emergency management, homeland security, disaster response, and continuity of operations.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply go here.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled