Straughan Environmental seeks Program Manager
Straughan Environmental, Inc. is a successful, rapidly growing, woman owned business that provides high quality and cost-effective consulting services to a wide variety of clients in the governmental and private sectors. Straughan is committed to advancing sustainable and resilient communities. We are experts in environmental planning, design, assessments, and policy. Our staff consists of wildlife and wetlands scientists; geomorphologists and hydrologists, civil and environmental engineers; inspectors; biologists and botanists; planners; cultural resource specialists; and GIS and CAD professionals. This combination of technical expertise and an understanding of policy make Straughan a highly competitive firm and a great place to advance your career.
Straughan is hiring a full time Program Manager for the Johnson Space Center (JSC) Environmental Services Contract (JEST). This contract opportunity is currently until the end of August 2023 with high chances of extension. The main goal of this position is to maintain Environmental Compliance at JSC by managing the overall environmental contract, budget and personnel. This position serves as the Contractor’s primary contract manager and shall be the contractor’s authorized interface with the Government Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), Government management personnel and customer Agency representatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall management, personnel, and administrative functions to ensure that the proper resources are available and allocated, that requires reports and documentation are prepared.
- Provide management of the Contractor staff and meet with the Contract Officer (CO) and/or Contract Officer Representative (COR) to keep the Government informed of ongoing operations and any problems or issues associated with meeting the requirements of all tasks.
- Work with internal personnel and resolve any issues (compliance and personnel)
- Provide management commitment and employee involvement in the safety and environmental programs. This requirement will include the following:
- Document worksite safety policies.
- Establish and communicate clear safety and environmental goals.
- Access to professional environmental staff.
- Management and employee accountability.
- Monthly reviews with the Government.
- Provide excellent customer service (finding ways to better serve customers’ individual needs and creating an atmosphere of cooperation and friendliness).
- Support business development and marketing activities
- Build and foster relationships with proposal capture team
- Participate in and contribute to capture planning meetings
- Experience providing consistently high-quality proposal materials
- Partner with team subject matter experts to produce compelling and complaint proposals materials
- Provide planning, coordination, technical direction, and surveillance of activities necessary to ensure performance of work.
- Ensure that appropriate staff attends meetings, seminars, and other administrative functions
- Provide specific recommendations for continual improvement of environmental programs (for example, benchmarking similar sites and industries, documenting and/or streamlining existing processes, creating and documenting new processes, incorporating information technology tools, partnering with other internal and/or external organizations, increasing communication and coordination between organizations).
- Submit technical, administrative, contract, and financial management reports
- Review Monthly invoices and ensure they are accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Work with Straughan Home office to resolve issues and bridge any contract gaps
- Meet with Straughan executive team monthly for budget updates and project review
- Meet with Straughan management on a weekly basis for contract updates and discuss upcoming issues.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Environmental/Chemical/Civil/Mechanical Engineering
Minimum of 7 years of related management experience (ideally at a large Federal facility)
- Master’s degree in Business Management preferred
- PMP Certification
- P.E Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by applicable law.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Must be able to traverse various types of terrain for extended periods of time
- Physical ability to perform outdoor field work and in unpleasant field conditions
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections
As a condition of employment, Straughan employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom are legally entitled to an accommodation. Proof of vaccination will need to be submitted as part of the interview/hiring process.
Go to Straughan Environmental’s job listing to apply.