Citizens’ Environmental Coalition is hosting Wild About Houston: A Green Film Festival. This is a one-night screening of short environmental films from the Greater Houston Area that tell the story of local environmental issues, their champions and how you can make a difference.
The audience will vote to determine which films will be shown at the Wild & Scenic Film Festival on Tour, hosted by the CEC on January 28 & 29, 2020. Many student and citizen-created films are part of the program. From air quality issues to hiking with spiders to a walk in the woods, Houstonians have great stories to share.
6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Tour the Rice University Holistic Garden (located next to the Media Center)
- Cash taco bar on the patio
- Exhibition fair in the lobby with our sponsors: Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, Houston Audubon, EcoRise, Galveston Bay Foundation, Armand Bayou Nature Center, Bayou Land Conservancy, Houston Parks Board, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, Metro Houston, Urban Harvest and One Breath Partnership
7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Video screening, featuring 24 organizations in the Gulf Coast Region
- Vote for your favorites, which win a showing at the Wild and Scenic Film Festival at River Oaks Theater in January, 2020
Free to the public, though donations are kindly appreciated. You may also purchase an exhibitors table. Secure a ticket today, or register to host an exhibit table, via Eventbrite.
Please watch the contenders on the CEC YouTube Channel, and give a thumbs up to your favorites.
Special thanks to our sponsors: