6100 Main St
Houston, TX 77005
Severe Storm Prediction, Education, & Evacuation from Disasters Center
SSPEED’s annual conference will be held on October 8 & 9, 2019 at the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies. At this year’s event, Post-Harvey Era: Resilient Engineering, Infrastructure & Policy, top academic, consulting and governmental experts will present. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, FEMA, City of Houston, Harris County will provide governmental updates.
– Urban Design & Policy for Flood Protection
– Structural and Non-Structural Flood Mitigation
– Flood Warning Systems
– Flooding Impacts on Mobility & Transportation
– Coastal Surge Mitigation
– Influence of Climate Change on Recent & Future Storms
– Water Quality Concerns during Extreme Storms
The conference registration fee includes handout materials, breaks, lunches, poster session, and reception. The conference agenda will be available this summer.