This professional development is designed for middle and High School science teachers who want to integrate climate science into their curriculum.
This Professional Development workshop is sponsored by the NOAA Bay-Watershed Education Training program, NOAA Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, and Artist Boat.
Professional Development Workshop
- Live panel discussions with scientists from NOAA and other Environmental agencies
- Workshop will cover: Linking extreme weather to climate change, how climate change leads to sea level rise and ocean acidification, how to plan a meaningful watershed educational experience on your campus, interpreting scientific data through art, and much more!
- 4 hour Kayak Adventure with Artist Boat’s professional scientist and artist.
- Hands on activities weekly.
- Receive NOAA tools and resources for your classroom.
- 5 hours of independent learning time weekly with access to a message board to communicate with scientists and other like minded educators.
When: July 7th – July 1st, 2021
Where: Zoom from anywhere!
Who: Middle and High School Science Teachers
For more information, call: Karissa Laffey @ 409.632.0388