This professional development is designed for any educator interested in an introduction to Climate change. Welcoming educators of all subjects who want to boost their confidence in integrating climate issue discussions in their classroom.
This Professional Development Program is sponsored by NOAA Planet Stewards Education Project, NOAA Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, and Artist Boat.
Professional Development Workshop
- Live panel discussions with scientists from NOAA and other Environmental agencies
- Workshop will cover: Addressing climate change controversy, climate change impacts to human health, unpacking environmental justice, sustainability in Gulf fisheries, exploring local ecosystems role in fighting climate change and more!
- 4 hour Kayak Adventure with Artist Boat’s professional scientist and artist (lunch provided)!
- Hands on activities weekly.
- Receive NOAA tools and resources for your classroom.
- 70% independent learning with access to a message board to communicate with scientists and other like minded educators.
When: July 5th – 29th, 2021
Where: Zoom from anywhere!
Who: Any educator interested in learning more about integrating climate change into their curriculum
For more information, call: Karissa Laffey @ 409.632.0388