EarthShare Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit federation raising funds for environmentally-focused member charities. Through collaborative fundraising and partnership building, EarthShare Texas empowers mission-driven members to pursue positive environmental and health impacts across the Lone Star State for the benefit of all. EarthShare Texas was founded by several Texas environmental leaders in 1992 and has expanded from employee-giving campaigns to cause-marketing relationships with leading Texas companies, most notably H-E-B and Reliant Energy.
EarthShare Texas is currently seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) Marketing Assistant to join our team during Summer 2022. The goal of this position is to expand the capacity of the marketing team as the organization seeks new cause-marketing partnerships with Texas businesses and additional channels to fundraise. This position is based in Austin, Texas, with remote work flexibility. Limited travel, evenings, and weekends may be required on occasion. Overall, candidates can expect a professional environment that values work-life balance, provides opportunities for professional development, and emphasizes team work to further the mission of our organization.
• Attend weekly team and marketing meetings to stay abreast of upcoming marketing needs
• Grow social media audience with engaging and creative content strategies
• Maintain and update website (WordPress, WPBakery) as needed
• Adopt and proficiently use technology including G-suite, Slack, Asana, Buffer, Canva, Google Analytics, and more
• Edit content for clarity, branding, and SEO
• Communicate with member organizations to gather and distribute content
• Adapt to evolving marketing needs and develop new strategies to meet fundraising goals
Note: This is a flexible position where the ideal candidate can both assist in existing campaigns AND propose methods suitable to their individual marketing strengths. This position has potential to grow into a management position.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 2+ years of experience in marketing
• Experience working with nonprofits is a plus
• Tech-proficient and able to pick up new software as needed
Experience with specific marketing technology should be noted in cover letter
• Outstanding communication skills including writing and editing on brand for a public audience
• Knowledge and/or experience of SEO strategies
COMPENSATION: $18 – $23 per hour, commensurate with experience
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17, 2022, 5:00 PM CST, write “Marketing Assistant – Last Name, First Name” in the subject line.