The Center for Health & Nature (CHN) was officially launched on May 2, 2018. As leaders in medical innovation, conservation, research, and education, Houston Methodist, Texan by Nature, and Texas A&M University are pioneering the use of nature as an innovative health care delivery system towards improved population health. The mission of the Center for Health & Nature is to drive research on the impact of nature on health and healing and transform health care with evidence-based programs that complement the full continuum of health care: prevention, treatment, and recovery. The CHN is currently housed within the Center for Outcomes Research at Houston Methodist Research Institute. The three core initiatives at the Center include: research, implementation, and education/dissemination. It is our goal to become a thought leader on the effect of nature on health, where institutions will look to the CHN for guidance, knowledge, and collaboration.
The Center for Health and Nature is looking for a consultant to advance the mission of the Center.Under the Direction of the Co-Directors, the Consultant will:
• Advance the mission of the Center through outreach and development of a collaborator, and advocacy network
• Meet with potential donors and philanthropists to provide education on the value of the
Center for Health and Nature
• Develop a sustainable business development plan for the Center, including creative avenues for revenue, and execute on that plan
• Establish high level partnerships between the Center and relevant internal and external
organizations including health research entities, academic institutions, and nature focused
• Identify government, foundation, and industry other grant opportunities for the Center
• Assists in the preparation and coordination of business development materials, grant
applications, and communication plans for the Center
• Manage fellows program.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Megan Taubert at email@example.com.