Texas Campaign for the Environment is in need of passionate new voices to develop lobbying strength on environmental issues in Houston. TCE is the largest environmental nonprofit in Texas, and the only one with a state-wide presence.
The Organizer will be held to high expectations of performance with weekly and monthly goals for various organizing activities, including:
- Grassroots neighborhood canvassing
- Membership recruitment, fundraising and letter-writing campaigns
- Community outreach and coalition-building
- Identifying voters and volunteers
- Planning and participating in demonstrations and political actions
- Testifying at public hearings and events
For full time employees after 90-days.
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- Paid vacation, paid sick days and paid holidays
- Rapid advancement and management training
- Opportunities for travel throughout Texas and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
- Two weeks paid vacation per year, paid holidays and sick days.
- Full-time: Monday through Friday, 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Part-time positions available (minimum 3 weekdays; hours are still 2 p.m.-10 p.m.)
Pay is 425$ per week.
For more information and to apply, visit texasenvironment.org.