Galveston, TX 77554
You can help the park and understand more about the Kemp’s Ridley Sea Turtle, an endangered species that nests Galveston Island State Park. They will take a stroll down the beach and explore ways to help the environment.
They will meet at the day use picnic area and begin a short hike down the beach and through the dunes, patrolling for turtles on this easy, beach hike. Families, groups, and pets on a leash are welcome.
Where: Day use picnic area to begin
Who: Park Ranger Lisa Reznicek is inviting everyone to join
Before you can join us:
• Park entry fee paid before trip (park permit on vehicle)
• All children must be accompanied by an adult
What to expect:
• Great family fun for all ages.
• Prepared for physical activity
• Small group instruction and guide
• 1 hour program of games, activities, and short hike
• Restrooms available
• Camera-worthy shots of a great Texas beach
• NOTE: sea turtles may not be present on the beach during our event, but we need your help to look for them.