The Harris County Commissioners Court Agenda considered the following agenda item at the August 14, 2018, meeting. The agenda included:
Recommendations from the county engineer that the court approve certain projects, decrees of public necessity and convenience, acquisition of specific properties, and authorizing eminent domain if necessary:
- 245 tracts for the Hurricane Harvey Hazard Mitigation Grant Program Disaster recovery project in all precincts for the flood control district
- 2 tracts Red Bluff Road evacuation route project in Precinct 2
- 2 tracts for Cypress Greenway in Precinct 4.
Recommendations that the County Judge execute amendments and partnership agreements with:
- Costello, Inc., in the amount of $329,119 for engineering services for improvements to the Brays Bayou pedestrian bike bridge near Stella Link and Glen Harbor in Precinct 1.
- LJA Engineering, Inc., in the amount of $304,790 for engineering services for improvements to the Cypress Creek Greenway north and south hike and bike trails at the SH-249 underpass in Precinct 4.
- Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 423 for the submerged storm sewer system agreement serving Balmoral, Section 15 in Precinct 2.
- Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 489 for the submerged storm sewer system agreement serving Bridgeland Parkland Village, Section 19 in Precinct 3.
- Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 489 for the submerged storm sewer system agreement serving Bridgeland Summit Point Crossing, Section 4 street dedication in Precinct 3.
- Northwest Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 5 for the submerged storm sewer system agreement serving Copper Ridge at Indian Trails, Section 1 in Precinct 4
- BIO/WEST, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $100,000, with a $100 retainer fee, for environmental consulting services in support of county-wide district projects
Recommendation for approval of changes in contracts with:
- AAA Asphlat Paving Inc., for final constructions of Archbishop Fiorenza Park on North Bank Trail at Windchase Boulevard in Precinct 3, with an addition of $954 to the contract amount
Recommendation for authorization to retain financial surety, and repair and maintain infrastructure for:
- Taylor Morrison of Texas, Inc., in the amount of $2,010 for Alder Trails, Section 9 in Precinct 3.