The Energy Corridor District is seeking a new Farmers Market Manager. This is a part-times, seasonal, contract position.
The market manager ensures the smooth operation of the Energy Corridor Farmers
Market every week. He or she will manage the entire cycle of operation of a farmers
market including management of the facility or space, supplies, new programs, and
oversight. The Market Manager must be available every Saturday January – June and
September – 1st weekend in December. Performs duties under the general direction of the Governing Committee and Communications and Outreach Coordinator of the Energy Corridor District.
On market day, the market manager will:
• Coordinate setup of vendors for best traffic flow
• Assist in setup and teardown of the market
• Collect vendor fees
• Staff the Welcome booth
• Ensure appropriate standards and safety
During the week, the market manager will:
• Create the weekly email newsletter and social media
• Determine upcoming market day’s vendors for planning purposes
• Coordinate events to increase traffic to the market
• Coordinate volunteers for market day
• Field calls from potential and existing vendors as well as customers
• Make site visits to new vendors if needed
Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
Ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems and identify solutions. Must be
Cash handling or retail experience required. Must be dependable.
Knowledge of or interest in farmers markets, local food, agriculture, and/or
Conditions of Employment:
Work Schedule: 8:00AM – 2:00PM on Saturdays. This time period is critical to the
weekly operation. Approximately 5-10 hours of unscheduled and flexible hours
outside of Market Day operation time.
Market runs from January through June and September through the 1st weekend in
Position is paid on a contract-only basis at $20/hour for up to 10 hours. Requires
some physical labor.
To apply, send resume and optional cover letter to